Wednesday, September 26

Care Bears as old as I am

Believe it or not, it has been 25 years since the cuddly rainbow-coated bears from Care-a-Lot has bounced into our lives. Say what you want but I have loved them since I was a kid. For the anniversary, there is a special white and silver Tenderheart Bear (the usual brown one) and Love-A-Lot bear with silver heart symbols. When I was a kid, I had Cheer Bear and two Care Bear cousins--Gentle Heart Lamb and the Elephant. My best friend has a lot lot of them, old and new. People in Care Bear costumes invaded New York for the anniversary.



And CBS just premiered their new Saturday morning cartoon show, which is in a an unique drawing style that is not like the animated series I grew to love in the 80's. I think it is good they did something different and creative. Have not seen it yet though.

Anniversary Website
CBS Cartoon Official Website