Wednesday, July 19

Paul Rudd is EVERYWHERE

Not like I am complaining. But I guess not a lot of people know he is an improv pro and probably the reason why he gets hired so much. A lot of handsome actors (James Marsden, Eric Bana, Ken Marino) claim they are hiralous and some are hard to get comedy roles because it is so hard to get passed their bishoujen-ness or 'prettyness' but Paul Rudd is the only guy I know that can get hired as the 'novio' and the funny guy. Evidence in Wet Hot American Summer (2001), Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004), and The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005). He recently made a cameo in a Reno 911 episode as a lamaze coach and beautifully tan. Not the last time he cameoed on a Comedy Central show was Strangers with Candy's last episode. But if he is so good at improv, then how he survived on the unfunny years of Friends?

He has like EIGHT movies coming out in the next year: my man can't please me The OH in Ohio, Mommy is dating my first love I Could Never Be Your Woman, family tradition clamdiggers comin-og-age Diggers--Ken Marino will also be in it, Zack Braff's Fast Track, animals ru loose in a museum due to a curse Night at the Museum, not surprisingly Reno 911!: Miami, Judd Apatow's follow-up to Talladega Nights Knocked Up with Katherine Heigl and The Ten about ten different stories each about one commandment--Ken also in it.