Saturday, December 30

Our Privacy gone? Videos and Blogs

While a couple of years ago Napster was a big deal that shook the musical world, the thing from the internet that everyone is complaining about now are You Tube and My Space. While I may not have MySpace in the highest regard and absolutely adore YouTube, there was a question brought up by 20/20. It was about if our privacy was gone and it intrigued me. 20/20 interviewed a man who got embarrassed about his video resume being on the net and a woman who bares all on her blog (no links, sorry) on Friday. The report served all sides. I think some people go too far with their 'private' blogs or videos, that are somehow sparked by their boredom, but I think everyone is free to do whatever they want.


I am not so attracted to 'viral videos,' people just love gawking at things and thinking 'this is impossible and incredible' when I already know this stuff is happening and of course it is possible. Like one expert said on the program, the Internet is not all bad so what are they going to do--shut down the Internet? The whole theme of the report was that there will always going to be bullies out there, you just got to protect yourself. Like me, I don't post that much or at all about my private life because that is exactly what my life is. Even if I was a big celebrity, why would I? Celebrities sure don't want their dirt out there. I think we all just want to make our mark in the world and some just don't care how they do it.

As you may have noticed, I am now having a Spanish translation along with the post, let's see how this lasts for me... I may get tired.

*************
Hace de un par de años que 'Napster' fue grand cosa, pero ahora la gran cosa del Internet que todos estan quejando de ahora son 'YouTube' y 'MySpace'. Mientras que yo no tengo gran respecto por 'MySpace' y adoro 'YouTube', una pregunta que hiso el programa 20/20 sobronuestra privicidad me encanto. El viernes pasado 20/20 entrevistó a un hombre que se desconcertado sobre su resume que esta en el internet que el hiso por video y una mujer que lo dice todo de su vida privadad en su blog. El programa servio todos los lados. Pienso alguna gente va muy lejos con sus blogs o videos ' privados ', serbir en alguna manera su aburrimiento, pero pienso que cada uno está libre hacer lo que él desea.

No soy atraído a los ' videos virales' pero la gente le encanta viendo estas cosas y el pensandoque ' esto es imposible y increíble ' cuando yo ya sé que estas cosas sucedienda todo el tiempo y por supuesto es posible. Como un experto dijo en el programa que el Internet no es todo maloporque que van a hacer -- cerrar el 'Internet'? El tema por el reporte era que siempre va a serpendencieros en el mundo, el secerto es protegerse tu mismo. Como mí, que yo no digo mucho de mi vida privada porque eso es exactamente que es. Incluso no era como yo era una celebridad grande, las celebridades no desean su vida prividad ser publico. Pienso que todos deseamos hacernuestra marca en el mundo y algunos no le importa cómo lo hacen.

Como usted pudo haber notado, ahora estoy tengo una traducción en Español junto con el 'post', nos dejo ver cómo ésto dura... Puedo cansame.