Sunday, June 15

The Importance of Father's Day

Anyone that says Father's day is a waste of time, that fathers don't do anything, that mothers do most of the work such as in pregnancy and carrying the child. The pain of childbirth and what it does to a woman's body and the bonding of breast feeding. There is a reason why partnership parenting has proven so successful. I think whoever that says father don't do anything, or men as parents in general are bitter and didn't have a good father. I have been really blessed and I am not just saying that to have a father, not a perfect father, not a flawless man but a honest man, a father willingly do what is right and be there for me in all the trappings of life. When my mom didn't fully accept the fact that I am gay, my dad has been a bit more understanding.