Saturday, January 9

Another death related to Club Space


Paula Sladewski, a model from Michigan, was found last Sunday night dumped into a dumpster and set on fire in the 1400 block of Northeast 130th Street in Miami, Florida. her live-in boyfriend Kevin Klym told North Miami Police the last time he saw Sladewski was at a Downtown Miami night club called Space (Club Space), at around 7 a.m. when he got kicked out after having an argument with Sladewski. Klym is a person of interest, not a suspect. But they did find video of Sladewski leaving with a tall man suspect.

Jaclyn Elisse Torrealba, an 18-year-old FIU student was found dead in the car of Juan Carlos Portieles, DJ Seasunz, who worked at Club Space. This happen in October. Seasunz walked into a police station Sunday night, led the police to a body in his car and turned himself in to authorities for the murder. According to reports, Seasunz and Jaclyn’s argument turned violent when he began ”to beat and bite [Torrealba] repeatedly and she fought back.” Seasunz then choked her ”until she stopped moving.” Now I got to get personal, I actually new him. He was my boss, sort of. I was a DJ at FIUs Radio station WRGP and he work there as a program director. I remember him having a problem with my name, saying it wrong, he chalked it up to my name being uncommon, he said his name was uncommon too.

I said I knew many people named Juan Carlos. He was kinda weird, he acted too cool for school and was prone to getting angry. He had a goatee, facial hair and big hair. He did help me sometimes though. I remember he had a job at a roller-skating place called Thunder Wheels (now closed) as a dj. My nieces birthday was there once and I saw him. I cant believe I know someone that would do this. My friends that work at the radio station now told me the killer worked there and I couldn't believe it, but I didn't catch his name. Anyhoo, the point of this post was to say about two murders related to Club Space. I went there and didnt like it, it was too crowded. My nephew used to go there.

Sources:
WSVN-TV Family speaks about daughter's burning death
CBS News
Bumpshack